Whether you are a kid, an adult or an old person, amusement and themed park always have something for everyone. Visiting an amusement park with your family is like a top thing to do in a bucket list.
Also, you don’t need to go to the different corners of the world as in India; dozens of such parks are built for unlimited fun and entertainment.
1. Adlabs Imagica
This one is a high-tech park along with being a high budget Imagica. The model has inspired from the Universal studio where you will get 25 themed rides along with five themed restaurants.
It is a perfect blend of fantasy and reality at the same time. Water Park completes Imagica and a good option for families. It’s one of the best amusement parks in India.
Address: Khopoli, halfway Between Mumbai and Pune, just off the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
- Adult and Children – Rs 1,499/- from Friday to Sunday
- Adult and Children – Rs 1,299/- from Monday to Thursday
For Water Park, the cost of the ticket:
- Adults and Children – Rs 999/- from Friday to Sunday
- Adults and Children – Rs 899/- from Monday to Thursday
- Discounts are available for college students and senior citizens.
- Also, Express Tickets are available with some extra cost.
Ticket for Snow Park
- Cost INR 499 for 45 minutes
- INR 399 as an extra amount on tickets for water parks or themed parks.
- Open daily from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m for rides.
- At 9.30 a.m., the park opens for breakfast.
2. Wonderla Bangalore
It is located in Bangalore alongside the Mysore highway is a world-class amusement park that has it all. It is not only attractive but also clean along with being green due to which it looks like a paradise.
It also consists of water-based rides, 50 non-water based rides plus has a separate section for children.
Bangalore’s park is the best and features 50 plus rides; out of which 12 rides are water-based, 13 are for kids, and 10 are highly thrilling.
Address: Near Bangalore, on the Bangalore-Mysore Highway.
- Adults: INR 920 weekdays; INR 1,150 on weekends and public holidays
- Children: INR 740 rupees on weekdays; INR 920 on public holidays and weekends
- Fast tickets are available but at double the cost!
Timings: Open from Monday to Friday – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, Sunday, holiday, and festival seasons from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
3. Wonderland Kochi – formerly known as VeegaLand
Have you ever want a theme park ambiance like you are in the middle of the jungle? The wonderland Kochi is situated along the hillside due to which it is lush and green.
With extraordinary 40 rides, families can have fun here without worrying about anything else. Also, it has a cave that leads to a pool which is crystal clear. The rides are divided into 4 types namely, Water, Kiddies, Family, and Hair Raising. It’s one of the best amusement parks in India.
Here, there’s a Wonder Splash, known for a boat journey. There is also a 3D movie theater.
Address: In Pallikkara, near Kochi in Kerala.
- Adults: INR 750 rupees weekdays and 950 rupees on weekends and public holidays.
- Children: INR 600 on weekdays and 760 rupees on weekends and public holidays.
- Open every day from Monday to Friday – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday, holiday and festival season – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
4. Wonderland Hyderabad
It is not a very old amusement park as it opened in 2016. With reverse –looping roller coaster, 10 water-based slides, and 43 rides, you will get unlimited options here.
Rather than this, it has three different attractions; a space-themed flying theatre along with other some exciting rides.
Address: Near Hyderabad airport, on Outer Ring Road Exit 13.
- Adults INR 990 on weekdays and 1,290 rupees on weekends and public holidays.
- Children: INR 790 on weekdays and 1,030 rupees on weekends and public holidays.
- Open from Monday to Friday – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday, holiday, and festival seasons – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
5. Kingdom of Dreams
This live entertaining amusement park is one of a kind plus the leisure destination brings life to this park. It is unique because it combines arts and Indian culture together that result in n extraordinary entertaining show.
Also, you can visit Dilli Haat but with comfort as it is air-conditioned along with Nautanki Mahal and multi-faceted theatres.
Address: Auditorium Complex Near IFFCO Metro Station, Sector 29, Gurugram, Haryana 122001
- Entry: Start from INR 600
- Packages: Start from INR 1099
- Open from 12:30 AM – 12:00 PM on Weekdays
- Open from 12:00 AM – 12:00 PM on Weekends
- Closed on Mondays.
6. Ramoji Film City
The studio complex is the place where numbers of Bollywood movies have created. If you are curious to know how these movies are produced then the film city is an exciting place to explore.
With live shows, theme parks along with rides, kids Entertainment Park, adventure park and a separate court or adventures activities like jumping, paintball fighting, etc. make this place epic.
Address: Hyderabad, in Telangana.
- Adults: From INR 1,150 onwards
- Children: INR 950 for Film City tour.
- Exclusive deals are available on hotels.
Timings: Open daily from 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
7. Essel World & Water Kingdom
Although it is a bit dated still people love to go here. It was established in 1999 and its various adventures activity court makes its people favorite. Also, it also contains rides and water kingdom is just epic.
The theme park has a lot of terrifying monsters that are present in the tunnel or under the dark mist to scare you. Besides this, festivals like Holi have been celebrated here as a special celebration.
The highlight is the frightening new Monsters in the Mist dark ride, which is apparently the first of its kind in India. Special celebrations are held during Holi. Read reviews of Essel World and Water Kingdom.
Address: Gorai, in the outer northwest suburbs of Mumbai. The park is approximately 1.5 hours from the city. Go for a ferry from Marve Beach or Gorai Creek.
- Ticket price starts from INR 390.
- For unlimited rides, Adults: INR 1,590
- Children: 1,290 rupees
- The Water Kingdom For Adults: INR 1,050
- INR 696 for children.
- On weekdays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- On weekends and public holidays: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
8. Della Adventure Park
If you’re more of an adventurous person than amusement, you’ll be glad to enjoy some spectacular activities at Della Adventure Park. Out of 50 plus activities that include ATV rides, paintball, buggy rides, dirt bikes, archery, flying fox, rock climbing, shooting, horse riding, zorbing, and cow milking. Those who want to stay here can have the facility of resort accommodations.
Address: Located in Lonavala, between Mumbai and Pune, in Maharashtra. You can go through Mumbai-Pune Expressway. Can be reached from Adlabs Imagica also.
- Adults: INR 1,750 for Day passes
- INR 1,250 for children and seniors.
- For unlimited fun: Jumbo passes cost INR 4,999 per person
Timing: Open daily from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
9. Appu Ghar, Gurgaon
The very first amusement park of India was Appu Ghar in Gurgaon in 1984. It was built to commemorate Asian Games, held in 1982. ‘Appu’ was the mascot of the park. In 2008, the park was temporarily shut down and was again opened in 2014 behind Huda City Centre where it is home to Great India Place and Oyster Beach, Gurgaon.
The Skyfall here is the tallest ride in India including rides such as Rapid Racer, OMG (Oh My Gurgaon), Lazy and Crazy River, and Typhoon Tunnel. So, be ready for some thriller!
You can have the leisure time at loungers, giving you the feel of an actual beach. The loungers are placed adjacent to the wave pool. It welcomes a lovely food court which serves refreshing mocktails. The park also features 4 multi-specialty restaurants which are Aroma Coast, Southern Bay, Tidal Tadka, and Langkawi Bay. It’s one of the best amusement parks in India.
Address: Appu Ghar Marg, Behind Huda City Metro Station, Sector 29, Gurugram, Haryana 122009
Entry to all water parks
- Senior citizens and kids: 799 INR
- Adults- 1299 INR
Multi Cuisine Buffet + All Water Rides
- Adults- 1699 INR
- Couples- 3000 INR
- Senior Citizens: INR 1,199
- Kids- 1099 INR