Shiva’s festival always shows enthusiasm among the Shiva devotees. This time, Shivratri is being celebrated for two days. Even in Banaras, Mahashivratri will be celebrated this time for two days.
Mahashivaratri will be celebrated on February 14 and Wednesday 14th on Chaturdashi with Falgun Krishna Triodashi on February 14. For Shivratri, the city of Shiva is getting dazzled in Banaras. Let’s know what is Banaras, i.e., special in Varanasi.
Varanasi is also known as Banaras and Kashi. This city is the oldest and continuously growing city in the world. This city is called the city of Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva is the chief deity of the Hindus, who is considered to be the symbol of creation and destruction.
It is believed that liberation is attained here, ie that person gets freedom from the cycle of birth and death. Hence the place is also called liberation.
1 – Ganga Aarti
The view of the Ganga Aarti that takes place in the evening on the pier of Banaras is very beautiful. In the evening a large number of people gather to see this aarti. By seeing the 45-minute aarti every day, you will find Banaras even more beautiful.
2- Banaras Ghat
Banaras Ghat is the pride of Banaras; you will realize that it will be there only. Sitting on the stairs of the Ghats here, watching Ganga beautifully gives you as much comfort. You can also walk through the boat here.
3- Local Market of Banaras
If you are going Banaras, then shop from Vishwanath Gali, Gaudolia, and Thatheri Bazar.
4- Banaras mouth-watering desserts
To give your tongue a tangy twist, go to Kashi Chat stores, eighty Bhakkal Chats, Dina Chaat Bhandar, and Monga are quite popular. At the same time, the fresh and rosemary desserts of the Thothri Bazaar are preferred throughout the world. If you love milk, curd, and cream, then go to Banaras and drink the ‘wrestler’s lassi’.
5- Philosophy of historical temples
The town of Baba Bholenath is known for the Banaras, Ghats, and temples, so if you go to Banaras and do not visit the main temples there, then your journey will remain incomplete. The most prominent temple in Banaras is the Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Kal Bala Bhairav Baba Temple.
Varanasi amazing Facts
- Varanasi is the only city who has countless temples for both Vaishnavism and Shaivism devotees. It is also considered as the important center of the Jain religion as the third Tirthankara, Parsvanath born her.
- Varanasi is home to so many literary geniuses such as Tulsi Das and Munshi Prem Chand, who has written the great Ram Charit Manas.
- The city is also the birthplace of some professional musicians, artists, and dancers including Ravi Shankar, and Ustad Bismillah Khan.
- Various movies shoot their film scenes in Varanasi it is the most popular location for the shooting.
- Varanasi is the oldest living city in the world. it is believed by the people that if someone breathes his/her last here will surely get salvation.
How to reach?
You can easily go from Varanasi train.
Best time to roam
The best time to visit Varanasi is from December to February.
Where to stay?
You will find many guest houses and hotels according to your budget. If you wish, you can also stay here in Dharamsala.