“Food is a common ground and a universal experience.” And to experience all shades of the universe, only foodies can go the extra mile, right? So, if your belly rules your mind then the world has endless food destinations to please your taste buds without breaking the bank. This is the ultimate guide to the best tourist destinations for chattorebaaz around the world.
Travel To The World’s Best Food Destinations
India: An Ultimate Hub For All Types of Foodie
Taste the tradition of India on a very low budget. The country is popular for its mix of different cuisine that is surviving for centuries. Right from authentic Mughal food to fusion recipes, India has endless spots at every nook and corner to satiate your cravings.
But here are the top 5 destinations from India:
1. Hyderabad to explore the non-veg delicacies
2. Mumbai is a dream city for everyone, especially for food lovers. Street food like Pav Bhaji, Bhel Puri, will make you crave for Mumbaiya food.
3. Come to Lucknow to taste the royal delicacies like Kebabs, Briyani which are available at every nook and corner of the city.
4. Ahmedabad is the ultimate destination for those who like light snacks. Dhokla, fafda, thepla, and many more lip-smacking foods will leave a subtle taste on your tongue forever.
5. Goa is not just sand and beaches; you can have the taste of the world here. Italian, Portuguese, European, Greek, and many more international cuisines are part of Goan delicacies.
Tokyo for Sushi Lovers
If the Japanese culture has inspired you a lot then we recommend you come to Tokyo for exploring this love further. Food is a pride of Japan and the traditional cuisine Washoku is listed in the Intangible cultural heritage list of UNESCO.
The reason behind its inclusion is not just the simplicity of food and fresh ingredients but also the bond it creates between families. Food holds an important role in building a society in Japan. And one can only understand its importance by exploring the food culture of Japan.
So, if you are traveling to the land of the rising sun, then must try these recipes:
3. Yakitori( skewered chicken with soy)
4. Japanese curry
5. Soba(buckwheat noodles)
The taco culture of Mexico has made it one of the best food destinations. It is also listed in the Intangible Cultural Heritage Site list of UNESCO for its ancestral community culture and cuisine.
Also Read: Delve Into The Egg Tales Around The World
However, taco, tortillas, and burritos are not the only Mexican food to try here. Taste these heavenly recipes as well:
1. Chilaquiles- a healthy Mexican breakfast that prepares with egg and chicken
2. Enchiladas- corn tortillas with meat, lots of cheese, and veggies
3. Guacamole- the traditional sauce made with mashed avocados
4. Elote- spicy corn
5. Sweet tamales
Undoubtedly Italy is one of the best tourist destinations but don’t just come to Italy for Pasta and Pizza. Italian cuisine is more than these delicacies. You will get confused about what to try and what not because Italy is full of heavenly delicious recipes. Here are the top 10 recipes to try in Italy:
1. Lasagna(oven-baked pasta)
2. Risotto(rice dish)
3. Focaccia (flatbread)
5. Porchetta( boneless roasted pork)
If Africa is not on your bucket list, then you are missing mouth-watering food. The Western part of Africa is the ideal destination for tasting all those delectable Moorish recipes. Here is a list of the best African food from each region:
1. Egusi Soup( Melon seeds soup) from Nigeria
2. Thieboudienne( red rice, fish, and tomato sauce) from Senegal
3. Champion’s breakfast Waakye from Ghana
4. Kedjenou( slow-cooked chicken) from Ivory Coast
5. Jollof rice
Spain is popular for tapas, wine, and superb seafood. If you are on a food journey, then it would not end in Spain. There are plenty of flavors to explore at the local restaurants and that to be at very reasonable prices.
Check out these must-try recipes in Spain
1. Paella Valenciana( chicken and beans recipe)
2. Turron( a Christmas delicacy)
3. Pollo al ajillo( garlic chicken)
4. Gambas al ajillo( garlic prawns)
5. Tortilla Espanola( the Spanish omelette)
Jamaican jerk chicken is highly popular for its earthy and exotic flavors, but Jamaican cuisine is richer with recipes from Asia, Britain, Africa, and even Spain. It’s all about spice and meat when are you on this Caribbean Island.
If this is your first time here, try these recipes:
1. Steamed fish
2. Curried goat
3. Fish tea
4. Mannish water
5. Grater cakes
And not just food, drinks are also very special here. Add refreshing sorrel (hibiscus) drink and soursop juice to your list.
Almost every country has a cuisine that is unique in its own way so no matter where on the earth you are, your tummy will always get the best food. But keep traveling and explore more best food destinations around the world.