The Disneyland of Hong Kong is one of the largest theme parks in the region. Opened in 2005, Disney park is a place filled with adventure, laughter and other magical experiences. Hong Kong Disney Park stands out for bringing out China’s customs, cultures and traditions. Therefore, it is a must for every individual visiting Hong Kong to explore Disneyland.
Location: Lantau Island, Hong Kong
Timing: The schedule of Hong Kong Disneyland is as follows:
Weekdays- 10:30 AM- 08:00 PM
Weekends- 10:30 AM- 08:15 PM
For Adults: starts from 1278 Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) to 3599 HKD
For Children: starts from 915 HKD to 2569 HKD
Best Time To Visit Disney Park In Hong Kong
The weather in Hong Kong is dry and comfortable from November to April. Hence, it’s the best time to visit Disneyland. If you want to avoid crowds then you should place a visit in early November or late April.
Always make sure to book your visit on weekdays. It’s a popular place among locals also so it’s better to visit on weekdays to skip the overwhelming crowd.
Also Read: How To Visit Hong Kong On A Budget
How To Reach Hong Kong Disneyland
Bus: You can board a bus from Airport Ground Termination Centre that will take you to Lantau Link Toll Plaza. Disneyland is only 15 minutes away from here that can be covered by another bus.
By Subway: Take the Airport Express subway from the airport that will take you to Tsing Yi. Board Tung Chung Line for Sunny Bay Station. Another subway will take you to Disneyland.
Taxi: Hire a taxi from Hong Kong International Airport that will take you straight to your destination.
Do No Miss These Rides At Disney Hong Kong
- Iron Man Experience: If you’re a superhero fan, this ride is meant for you. Meet Iron Man and other superheroes here. This place entertains adults and children equally.
- Toy Soldier Parachute Drop: For every adventure buff out there, this ride is a must. Drop down from the sky with your favourite soldier on this ride. We assure you will experience a million butterflies in your stomach at this ride.
- Hyperspace Mountain: For all the Star Wars fans, this ride will allow you to experience the magical world of Star Wars. It’s a jet-speed ride for adults and children.
Also Read: Top 10 Things To Do In Hong Kong
Things To Do In Hong Kong Disneyland
- Meet Your Favourite Disney Characters: Fulfill your childhood dream by meeting your favourite Disney cartoon at Hong Kong Disneyland. You can have lunch with them, click loads of pictures and show off all you want.
- Experience Tons Of Adventures Rides: The rides at Hong Kong Disney parks are undoubtedly the most adventurous. For a thrilling experience do not forget to take a ride at Iron Man Experience, RC Racer, Toy Soldier Parachute Drop and Hyperspace Mountain.
3. Cruise Ride Through Jungle River: Your family will remember this cruise ride their entire life. A thrilling cruise ride through dense jungle is an experience not to forget.
4. Visit The Castle Of Sleeping Beauty: Sleeping Beauty’s castle is a beautiful palace with stunning architecture. Visitors gather here to experience the night fireworks which are nothing less than magical.
5. Explore The Seven Wonderlands: The main attraction of Hong Kong Disneyland is their seven wonderlands- Main Street USA, Adventureland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Toy Story, Grizzly Gulch, and Mystic Point.
Where To Stay At Hong Kong Disney Park
- Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel: Your stay at this hotel will be both comfortable and elegant. The architecture is highly inspired by the Victorian era.
Cost: 2700 HKD for a double sharing room
- Disney Explorers Lodge: You will experience the wonders of nature and culture at this stay. Situated amidst a natural setting, it will be a luxurious getaway for you and your family.
Cost: 2200 HKD
- Disney’s Hollywood Hotel: If you like old Hollywood glamour, this is the right place to stay for you. Inspired by Hollywood glam, this hotel will give you a luxurious stay. You get to you’re your Mickey also.
Cost: 1900 HKD for a double-sharing room
Unique Tips For Visiting Hong Kong Disneyland
– Visit on weekdays to avoid the crowd and the long queue
– Arrive a few minutes before the opening hours to make the most of your visit
– Download Disneyland’s official mobile app for seamless navigation
– Wear comfortable clothes and footwear
– Hong Kong Disneyland organizes some exclusive live shows and performances, do not miss on that
– If you are a die-hard fan one day visit might not satisfy you. Allocate more than one day if that is the case
– Po Lin Monastery, Tian Tian Buddha, Lantau Trail are the nearby attractions, make sure to visit them when you’re there