Here is the list of the places in Himachal Pradesh that you, winter lover’s mustn’t miss at all.
One of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh is Kullu and Manali. If you are on a lookout for fresh air and green mountains amidst the snow-covered ranges, stay in an authentic homestay and get pampered by the host, then Kullu Manali indeed should be on the top of your list.
It is an ideal destination for everyone! and a Sure shot hot favorite amongst the Newlyweds. Plan a good 4-5 days’ vacation in the valleys of Kullu, stay in a forest villa and spend each day doing something different than the previous day. Kullu is also a favorite summer destination in the months of May-July. Although during winter, it is famous for its snowfall during November-January.
How to reach: Chandigarh is the nearest airport, 252 Kms away. The nearest railhead is also in Chandigarh, 270 Kms away. Kullu is 570 Kms from Delhi via road.
Things to do:
• Indulge in adventure sports at Solang Valley
• Visit Manali Bird Sanctuary
• Go trekking, camping, angling & river rafting in Kullu
• Visit the Old temples
One of the most famous hill stations of Northern India – Shimla which is the right mix of Indian glory with British sophistication. It is a consecrated stunning landscape and has a refreshing climate throughout the year. You can book a TripnStay for your fun-filled getaway from the daily stress of your work-life.
Shimla is the place to go with a bunch of fun friends or for a nice relaxing vacation with your beloved family. A nice long weekend in the snow-covered cottages of Shimla will offer you a perfect bonding ground with your loved ones, of all age groups from children to the elderly. December to January is obviously considered the best months for Snowfall, in fact, some places have already received the first of this season!! If you are lucky enough it might be snowing when you reach!
How to reach: Kalka, in turn, is the nearest railhead, which is connected to Chandigarh and Delhi by regular trains. Chandigarh is at a distance of 117 kilometers, Manali at 260 kilometers and Delhi at 343 kilometers
Things to do:
• Full fill your shopping desire at the mall road.
• Enjoy a trek to Jakhu hill and a visit to Lord Hanuman’s Temple
• Visit the Vice Regal Lodge to appreciate the British elegance
• Try your hands on Polo at Annandale which is 4km from the Ridge
Want to book a Cottage stay in Shimla. Visit our page to know more about TripnStay!
Dharamsala definitely has to be on your list of best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh. Famous not only because of its climate but also you get to see how multicultural Indian community lives in harmony with the Indo Tibetan community.
Dharamshala has an aura of itself which people trying to find meaning and substance to their life love! If you want to go explore the world and have an amazing ‘ME’ time, this is the best place to opt for. Also, Dharamshala is pretty famous for young travelers and friends who like trekking.
It is also a perfect offbeat destination for winter lovers. Dec to Jan is again considered the best if you want to experience the chill.
How to reach: The nearest major railway station is at Pathankot, 85 kilometers away. Dharamshala is well-connected to Delhi. The journey is almost 520 kilometers from Delhi. The drive from Delhi via Chandigarh is about 12 hours.
Things to do:
• Enjoy a boat ride across the Dal Lake and witness the royal Kangra Fort.
• Pay homage to the Bhagsunath Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva and simultaneously enjoy the cascading Bhagsu falls.
• Visit various monasteries, the Kangra Art Museum, the Dalai Lama Temple Complex and see the magnificent tea plantation on the foothills of Kangra valley.
Stay with a family in Mcleodganj and enjoy local cuisine.
Known as the little Israel of India in Himachal Pradesh, located in the Parvati Valley is this beautiful hill station called Kasol. It’s just on the way to the holy town of Manikaran. Want to explore stay options in Kasol.
Kasol is a beautiful land, diverse and enchanting at the same time. Though the town of Kasol has become commercialized and does not hold the same old charm the surrounding areas and nearby villages still let you have a once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience. The winter season here can be at extreme so always check the condition of the weather before reaching this place.
How to reach: The nearest airport is Kullu which takes about 3 hours. The nearest railhead is Shimla. Take a bus from Delhi to Shimla and then take a cab which is roughly 381 km
Things to do:
• Ideal for hiking in the jungle – follow the trails along the Parvati river.
• Trek to Kheer-Ganga is mesmerizing where you can experience the hot water spring.
• Parvati valley is an ideal trail for trekking also known as the ‘Stoner’s Paradise’.
Want to learn more about other snow sports of India, prefer Google for more info!
Spiti and the nearby places
Spiti Valley is one of the most attractive hidden gems of North India. Straddling the river Spiti, it is home to numerous of the most divine of Buddhist destinations as well as some of the most widespread tourist destinations.
It is known for healing people in a very different way, with its serene waters, the larger than life landscapes and the kindest people. People always and without fail fall in love with these valleys and cannot wait to return back as soon as possible.
This again is a place for extreme winters but if you are the daredevil of your circle, make sure to include others on this trip of a lifetime. Want to book a stay at Spiti Valley.
How to reach: Kullu Airport at Kullu is the nearest airport. Shimla is the nearest railway station from Kaza. Roadways from Delhi to Shimla and then take a cab.
Things to do:
• Spectate the Chunpa fue or walk to ancient traditional meditation center at Lari Dupuk.
• Visit the Millennium Monastery, Gue mummy or Dhankar monastery and rock carving at Tabo.
• Hike to Angla and Phela – nomadic plains on the hills north of Tabo
• Go for a traditional photo shoot at Nadang Lhakhang and attend the cultural show (cham dance), with local food and tea.
• Walk to famous Rangrik Rewa cave, visit the Snow point Kunzom and if lucky enjoy the Snow Leopard/Ibex sighting and river rafting.
If you think this is all Himachal has to offer, you are very wrong, there are a list of other fantastic places to be visited in Himachal, every tiny village is different and every remote town has a story to tell. Once you start exploring the unseen parts of Himachal, it’s only a matter of time before you fall in love with this beauty.