There are various monasteries in the world, but some are too isolated and extremely beautiful. In case, if you haven’t seen any of these monasteries than must have a look below to the world most incredible monasteries you should visit once in your life.
8 Most Incredibly Isolated Monasteries:
11. The Monastery Of Ostrog, Montenegro
This Serbian Orthodox Church can be found high up in the rock face of Ostroška Greda—carved out of the stone. It is the most popular pilgrimage site in Montenegro and thousands of people visit each year. Founded by Vasilije, the Metropolitan Bishop of Herzegovina in the 17th century, the bishop is enshrined here, in the cave-church.
- Timing: From May to September, the timing is from 6 am – 5 pm daily and from October to April – 5 am – 4 pm daily.
- Price: Overnight in the monastery – The lower monastery which has 29 dorm rooms with 8 or 10 beds each and the beds cost €4 per person.; In the monastery grounds, you can the sleeping mats and blankets in the monastery for free! and beware, there’s no hotel. 5.30 am is the wake up here!
- How To Reach:
- Private transport: Many of the visitors come on a private tour in Ostrog, which can be bought online or in any major tourist city of Montenegro.
- Public transport: For those who prefer using public transport, there are 7 daily train services which cost around €1.80 each way and stop at Dabovici station in the lower part of the hill.
- Taxi: Also, a taxi is another option when traveling from Niksic, the nearest town to the Ostrog Monastery which is merely at a distance of over 9 miles (15 km).