A huge continent and a favorite and popular travel destinations for the adventure seekers and also among the best vacation destinations.
But the question hammers your mind which country you should prefer out of all the awesome places in South America, it offers?
This section will let you know the top South American countries for your kickass enjoyment, which suits your personality.
1. Nightowl – Argentina
Buenos Aires is the cosmopolitan capital city of Argentina is well-known worldwide for its nightlife. When you talk of Argentina they are lovers of life and a good time.
If your kid of a “night owl”, clubbing, enjoying bars late night, staying out in the wee hours (the period immediately after midnight), catching up a theatre show or have a habit of eating in the dawn time, then Argentina gives you that vibes.
The days starts at the eleventh-hour and ends later, so be happy here having no regret while you can sleep on your holiday!
Free Things To Do In Argentina –
- Watch the Tombs of La Recoleta Cemetery
- Tour the street’s graffiti
- Enjoy Free tango lessons in Belgrano
- Explore Reserva Ecológica Costanera Sur
- Visit the Casa Rosada
- Visit Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes
- Enjoy shopping at the San Telmo flea market
- Stroll through Bosques de Palermo
2. Love of Food – Peru
Admitting the fact that South American dishes are some of the most delicious, but Peru holds a special place and accord when you talk about its cuisine. Lima is renowned globally for its overwhelming fusion of Japanese and Peruvian cuisine.
Also Read: 7 Best Glutton-free Cities In South America
So next time you go market for some fresh off the boat ceviche or some splendid Nikkei, a blend of both the cuisines, Peru should rank first in the tally when it comes to the best food in the world.
3. Beach Hub– Brazil
Brazil has a far-stretched Atlantic seashore which is about 7,500km (4,660 miles) and accounting it to some of the beaches in the world. Brazil tops its spot in terms of pleasure ambiance whether you talk of Rio de Janeiro to Buzios and in addition Salvador de Bahia in the north.
Brazil settles with one of the top travel destinations to hit the serene environment and relax under a palm tree sipping coconut with the wind hitting hard on the trees.
Free Things To Do In Brazil:
- Visit Free Museums
- Witness the Cool Graffiti and Street Art
- Visit the famous Lava steps, Escadaria Selaron for free
- Have a glimpse of Sunset at Arpoador
- Visit the waterfall located deep in the heart of the Tijuca forest.
4. Coffee Snob – Colombia
Colombia welcomes you the most if you’re a coffee lover. Coffee region of Colombia extends its boundaries to 350,000 hectares across numerous provinces and is designated by UNESCO as World Heritage Site.
This can be clear from the fact as average annual coffee production in Colombia is 11.5 million bags heading to third total highest in the world, after Brazil and Vietnam.
Colombian people take their coffee seriously throughout Latin America, and this is not much clearer than anywhere in Colombia.
Free Things To Do In Colombia:
- Go hiking at Monserrate
- Explore La Candelaria
- Have a Free graffiti tour in Bogotá
- Explore The Botero Museum
- Explore the Museo de Oro on a Sunday
- get some relaxation at Parque Simón Bolívar
5. Nature Lover- Venezuela
If you want to make your attempt to one of its own kind weather in South America’s most stormy countries, then turn your head towards the most fascinating landscapes and natural wonders on the globe.
Venezuela houses the Angel Falls, World’s highest waterfall located in the Canaima National Park and also widely known for its biodiversity as it ranks among the top 10 countries having the highest biodiversity in the world both in terms of terrestrial and marine environment.
Because of its wonderful environs, Venezuela is amongst the top South American countries which showcase the best of nature.
Free Things To Do In Venezuela:
- Visit Morrocoy National Park
- Witness the stunning Angel Falls
- Enjoy strolling through Bararida Zoological and Botanical Park
- Explore Canaima National Park
- Tour Casa Natal & Museo Bolivar
- Have the pleasure of visiting the Children’s Museum of Caracas
- Don’t forget to visit Cueva del Guacharo National Park
- Visit Jesus Soto Museum of Modern Art
- Hike up to Mount Roraima
- Visit the Drowned Church of Potosi
6. Cultural Point – Argentina
Buenos Aires without a difficulty can be well-chosen as the cultural capital of South America. The place is home to largest bookstores capita, and has a rich art scene, making it the first Art Basel city.
Every department from music to art, to the theatre to cinema, Buenos Aires is all in command, whether it be classic museums in the world or cultural centers that are run independently. A culture trip to Argentina will really be awesome!
7. History Oriented– Chile
Like other plentiful South American countries, Chile has had a great, long and diverse history. From the victory acquired by Spanish settlers to independence wars and dictatorships, history of Chile is a competitor than of any other country in the area.
History continues to follow its path today also, with many activists protesting certain societal areas, such as education, positioning Chile on the map universally.
Free Thing To Do In Chile:
- Santa Lucia Hill
- Go to market
- Visit the sculpture park
- Visit the Metropolitan Cathedral
- Explore the St. Christopher Hill for free
8. Pretty Cool – Uruguay
If you prefer a tranquil life away from the exhausted atmosphere of big cities and the routine work, then hit the doors of Uruguay. This small country garners chill pill surroundings.
Once you land in Uruguay, the slow and steady pace of the country will make you fall in love with experiencing a breathing spell into the most softened and cultured state.
Montevideo, its capital also has questionless laziness about it and its weathered, unspoiled sealine is the ultimate place to enjoy your hot summer days.
Free Things To Do In Uruguay:
- Visit Barrio Historico
- Click selfies for free at Montevideo Sign
- Relax at Playa Mansa
- Visit Playa Punta Colorada, Playa de la Viuda, Playa Portezuelo, Mirador Panoramico de Montevideo for free.
9. Wilderness Adventurer – Bolivia
Even though Bolivia is termed as a landlocked country in South America with a diverse geography including incredible mountains, and deserts to beautiful lush rainforests, Savannas, grasslands, and salt flat as well as attractive wildlife.
However, not a good idea to explore Bolivia’s wilderness, the plains alone, as it’s really vast and only locals know well how to navigate through them. But the place can be easily visited through tours that are run around the highlands, or altiplano.
The country is home to approximately 300 mammals with 1,400 plus bird species. Mainly animals that are found In the country includes the llama, the guanaco, and the alpaca but the country is also home to the jaguar, the maned wolf, the giant otter and more.
Bolivia is also famous for its Andean flamingo population which is one of the rarest in the world.
Things To Do In Bolivia:
- Enjoy biking at North Yungas Road
- Visit the drop-dead gorgeous Salar De Uyuni
- Witness the sunset atValle de la Luna
- Keep your feet moving towards Laguna Colorada
- Walk across Isla Del Sol
- Go and see the Witch Market, La Paz
- See the Train Cemetery
- Explore the Lake Titicaca
- Have the adventure at Mi Teleferico which is the highest cable car system in the world!
10. Fauna lover – Ecuador
Head to Ecuador if you are fond of boobies blue-footed and giant tortoises. The country hosts an authentic carnival of wildlife, that you can only see, of course.
Galapagos Islands of Ecuador are just the paradise for wildlife of all kinds, and frequently it finds a place in the bucket list of many travelers.
You will see abundant species of flora and fauna that only exists on this archipelago of volcanic islands. A must visit for those who are a fan of wildlife.
Things To Do In Ecuador:
- Go cruising at Galapagos Islands
- Enjoy mountain biking on Cotopaxi Volcano
- Enjoy shopping at Otavalo Market
- Explore the Amazon Jungle
- Go trekking at Quilotoa Loop
- Visit the adventure capital of Ecuador, Banos
- Enjoy surfing in Montanita
- See Cuenca’s Historic City Center
- Visit Vilcabamba in the Valley of Longevity
11. Shiny City – Brazil
If you’re kind of a person that loves the fast pace and cosmopolitan feel of big cities than put your foot in one of the top South American countries, Brazil.
The capital city, Brasilia, is a focal point of the amazing architecture, while Rio de Janeiro is the clear-cut “city by the beach”. If you actually want to experience the head of all cities, then meet Sao Paulo. This beautiful global city has a population of over 12 million natives.
Brazil is a place rich in every manner right from culture to nightlife and urban chaos, Sao Paulo is an urbanite’s dream, so if you’re searching for modern craziness, then hit Brazil.