From western waste bathroom places to unique restaurants concepts, some restaurants are truly strange and amazing. You may have seen the beautiful restaurants in the world but today we will show you the most extraordinary restaurants and weird places to eat across the world.
1. Alcatraz Jail Restaurant
If you’re a person who is fond of cocktails well-blended with sex toys then Alcatraz ER just might be the perfect place for you. It’s one of the exclusive, oldest, and scariest – themed restaurants in Japan which is based on medical prison.
It’s an unusual place where you can eat like a prisoner, jailed and your waitress will bring to your table, the strange drinks and food. If you have the opportunity to travel to this place, you will surely love it.
Japan’s other larger prison-themed restaurant is, The Lock-Up which has several branches in Tokyo and around Japan. The Lock-Up is only a prison-themed one whereas, Alcatraz has the theme of a prison hospital. It’s one of the Weirdest restaurants in Japan.
- Visiting Hours: Monday – Closed; Tuesday – 19:00 – 21:00 (Masterclass); Wednesday and Thursday – 18:15 – 22:15; Friday – 17:00 -23:15; Saturday – 12:30 – 23:15; Sunday – 13:45 – 17:45
- Booking Charge: £34.99
- Nearby Attractions: Dogenzaka, Yosano Akiko Monument, Harlem.
The facilities in prison pack here include the duration of the sentence, around 4 cocktails from your smuggled liquor of choice plus 1 hour 45 minutes inside the prison.
2. Ice Bar London – World’s Coolest Bar
This amazing restaurant in London is one of the coolest bars on the planet, Earth. It’s located in the chic Heddon Street food quarter just off Regent Street, the Belowzero Karve Club which welcomes with a warm heart, delicious seasonal menus, classic cocktails, and an extraordinary wine list. The delicious and unusual ice cocktail is served here in a unique ice glass.
The temperature here is under 5 Degree Celsius.
The walls, bar, tables and also the glass windows are made from Torne River ice imported from Jukkasjärvi in Northern Sweden!
- Entry Charges: Ice Bar Entry Ticket starts from £13.50; Ice Bar Premium Ticket starts from £21.00; Champagne Session Ticket starts from £26; Family Ticket starts from £44.
- Timings: Dinner: Tuesday–Friday from 5:00 pm – 10:15 pm; Lunch: Saturday, 12:00 – 02:30 pm and; Sunday from 12.30 pm – 06.00 pm; Dinner on Saturday from 05:45 pm –10:15 pm
- Cuisines: Modern European, International
- Facilities: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Outdoor Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine.
- Nearby Attractions: Quadrant Arcade, Strawberry Moons Bar, Waterloo Bridge, Savile Row, Carnaby Street, Triyoga, Flowers Gallery.
3. Dinner In The Sky Restaurant – The Most Beautiful High Experience
Just experience the fine dining at its ultimate best by trying out Malaysia’s Santa In The Sky in Kuala Lumpur.
This place is a concept that is used all around the world, where you can be high, about 165 feet, and have your dinner, amid mountains, sea, and all the 360°.
Being at such a height, you can glance at one of the stunning architectures, Petronas Twin Towers, also, the tallest twin towers in the world.
- Average Cost: Rs 5,762 – Rs 16,880.
- Meal: Savory three-course meal, with an appetizer, your choice main dish, and a dessert!
- Timings: Tuesday-Sunday: 6:30 pm-7:30 pm, 8:00 pm-9:00 pm and Closed on Mondays
- Note – You have to register at the lounge at least 1 hour before your opted session as the activity starts on time.
- Nearby Attractions: Pavilion KL, Pavilion Crystal Fountain, Bukit Bintang, Rumah Penghulu Abu Seman.
4. Ithaa Undersea Restaurant
Ithaa means mother-of-pearl in Dhivehi. It’s an undersea and one of the most beautiful restaurants nestled 5 metres (16 ft) below the sea level at the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island in Alif Dhaal Atoll in the Republic of Maldives. It offers a 270-degree panoramic view to its customers.
So have the pleasure of dining under the sea world surrounded by the amazing ambiance of fishes, corals, and abundance of undersea creatures.
You will need to book 2 months early for this unique restaurant if you want to have a seat.
- Average Cost: The price starts at about $120 US for lunch for hotel guests.
- Specialty: Seafood, Vegetarian-Friendly, Gluten Free Options.
- Cuisines: Contemporary fusion Maldivian cuisine with Western and Asian influences.
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
- Visiting Hours: Open all days of the week from 11am–2:30 pm and 6:30–10:30 pm.
- Nearby Attractions: Maldive Victory, Hulhumalé, Alimantha Island, Biyadhoo Island, Banana Reef, Manta Point, Sultan Park and Museum.
5. Modern Toilet Restaurant
Modern Toilet Restaurant is a bizarre bathroom-themed restaurant chain found in Taiwan with multiple branches throughout Asia. The chairs here are unworking toilets where dishes are served on plastic miniature toilet bowls and drinks in miniature urinals. Weird, isn’t it?
Customers dine here while sitting on acrylic toilets while decorated with “roses, seashells or renaissance paintings”. The tables on which the food is served is given the shape of bathroom sinks which is covered with glass tops. It gives birth to one of the unique restaurants’ concept. So, don’t hesitate to visit this weirdest restaurant in the world if you have the time and money.
- Average Cost: ₹ 209 – ₹ 696
- Cuisines: Italian, Chinese, Japanese
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Visiting Hours: Daily the timing is from 11:30 am–9 pm; Except on Friday and Saturday the timing is from 11:30 am–9:30 pm.
- Nearby Attractions: Ximending, Ximen Station Shopping Mall, Tianhou Temple, Wan Nian Building.