There is a restricted number of national parks in Spain, but the fresh and extraordinary beauty of these parks is beyond doubt making it Spain’s pride. The parks here are having a wide range of fascinations that will leave travelers in awe. While you’re in Spain visit to these best national park in Spain is a one you can’t afford to miss.
The list of national parks in Spain has a collection of everything ranging from lush vegetation and dense forest to alpine region to hot desserts that expands its boundaries over hundreds of miles. Every bit of this national park has its own exclusive flora and fauna, in a way reflecting its whole world of mesmerizing attraction.
Most Beautiful National Parks in Spain
1. Teide National Park
Located on the Canary Island, Teide is in the list of the most visited parks in Europe. It has that authentic look that places its spot on one of the best national parks in Spain. The park is tank-filled with the highest mountain range to the nth degree in Spain and also has Mount Teide after which this national park is named.
Adventurous things to do in Teide:
- In the mountains of Teide, enjoy hiking.
- Can have a car ride giving a 360-degree view of Tiede.
- Can go for paragliding activity at a height of 2,200ft.
- Raft Biking is also done there
Best Visiting Time: Throughout the year except for January and February
Cost: INR 2000 per person to INR 12000 per person*
2. Picos de Europa National Park
Picos de Europa is one of Spain’s popular parks, founded in 1918. It extends over three regions of Spain, Asturias, Cantabria and Castile and Leon.
This National Park prides over its picturesque beauty and some of the most beautiful villages in the country like Posada de Valdeón, which has a National Park office. In Picos de Europa National Park, there are towering mountains and vast grasslands.
Adventurous things to do in Picos de Europa
- Hike well-maintained Hiking Trails
- A trip on the cable cars at Picos’ central massif (1823m) is also going to be exciting
- Overlook the fanciful restaurants hidden in the north of Arriondas
Best Visiting Time: June and September
Cost: Rooms starting from INR 2500*
3. Timanfaya National Park
Found in the Canary island region, Timanfaya is that imagination of humans which thinks that Mars would look with life existence on it.
It credits to be one of the hottest territories of the country. It’s so hot that if water pours on the ground it will have a geyser effect. In the time of 18th and 19th century, the land was very prone to volcanic eruptions, giving it somewhat an exotic, alien, mysterious or a fascinating look.
The park mostly had barren lands, the land full of solidified lava and undoubtedly a must visit a national park in Spain.
Adventurous things to do in Timanfaya
- Take walks with guides in Timanfaya
Best Visiting Time: Throughout the year
Cost: Rooms starting around INR 10000*
4. Cabrera Archipelago National Park
Nestled in the Balearic Islands, Cabrera Archipelago is that only island which is open for travelers amongst all archipelagos. It’s one of the least visited national parks in Spain.
Travelers at Cabrera will get to see the stainless, unspoiled, untouched, and undisturbed nature. The striking beauty of the beautiful island is all about the surrounding blue water.
Adventurous things to do in Cabrera Archipelago
- Take guided trolls around the island
- Take a tour of the castle on the island
- Make sure to have a drink at the only bar at the island
Best Visiting Time: June to mid-September and December to February
Cost: Only one Hotel an ex-army barrack, rooms at INR 4000*
5. Cabañeros National Park
Settled in the Castile-La Mancha region, Cabañeros National Park, also known as “ Spanish Serengeti” gives a roof to a great number of animals. You can spot wild boars, foxes, deer, the Iberian lynx, otters, and a number of bird species like Spanish Imperial Eagle, black stork, colorful bee-eaters and the Eurasian black vulture.
It accounts in the list of few remaining Mediterranean national parks. Cabañeros finds its spot in the tally of the best national parks in Spain.
Adventurous things to do in Cabañeros
- Observe the wildlife of the park
Best Visiting Time: December to April
Cost: Rooms starting at INR 4000*
6.Sierra Nevada National Park
The park is situated in Andalusia. The Sierra Nevada locks its top place in the list of National Parks in Spain in terms of area. The visitors here spot themselves in the middle of growing flora and fauna. Having moderate plains with lush vegetation and possess barren and alpine forest. The park also offers immense variety in adventure activities.
Adventurous things to do in the Sierra Nevada
- On Thursdays, Enjoy shopping at Órgiva – locals selling big knickers, hippies selling tie-dyed stuff.
- Hike on the trails around the Taha villages, including Mecina Fondales or Sierra Trails (five days) in Bubión
- From late November until late April, experience skiing.
- Do activities, such as mountain biking.
Best Visiting Time: April to June
Cost: Rooms starting from INR 8000*
7. Ordesa Y Monte Perdido national park
Located in Aragon, Ordesa Y Monte Perdido National Park holds the position of one of the oldest national parks in Spain, sharing a border with France. The credit for its picturesque beauty goes to stunning waterfalls, streams, and skyscraping mountains. It is home to a diverse species of animals.
It is also the flag bearer of the highest limestone peak in all of Europe, which is the Mount Perdido at 3330 meters above sea level. Despite the fact, not so famous national parks in Spain but the spotless beauty of nature will surely make visitors fall in love with the park.
Adventurous things to do in Ordesa Y Monte Perdido national park
- Have a walk of fresh air on the dramatic glaciers of Monte Perdido (Lost Mountain)
- Witness animals like the bearded vulture, griffon vulture, and golden eagle
- Also, visitors can do Rafting there.
Best Visiting Time: – Throughout the year
Cost: INR 1000/ per person to INR 3500/ per person*
8. Doñana National Park
Situated in the Andalusian region, Donna National Park comes in the category of most exceptional and special park because it is an estuary. The park is a region of marshes, shallow streams, and sand dunes in Las Marismas, the delta where the Guadalquivir River flows into the Atlantic Ocean. Donana is home to five different species of endangered birds. With every growing year, more than 500,000 Waterfowl visit this region.
Adventurous things to do in Doñana National Park
- Get to know more about wildlife at The Estación Biológica de Doñana (Doñana Biological Station) dedicated to the study of terrestrial ecology.
- Indulge yourself in La Saca de las Yeguas (“The Gathering of the Mares”), a livestock event pertaining to 3. the indigenous wild horses of the local people.
Best Visiting Time: – March to May and September to December
Cost: Rooms available at INR 3000*
9. Caldera de Taburiente National Park
Located at La Palma, Canary Islands, Caldera de Taburiente is a spellbinding world of its own. The region was formed 2 million years ago, taking the travelers back to that time. The whole area is the output of steep mountains and plains. The area is filled with huge crates because of the heavy erosion happening over thousands of years.
Some of the craters extend their area up to 10 kilometers. The fresh air in abundance makes this park a beautiful place which is definitely less polluted by human beings. It’s in the frame of the best national parks in Spain and clearly so.
Adventurous things to do in Caldera de Taburiente
- The pleasure of camping can also be done by travelers in this national park, though they will have to issue permit beforehand.
- Take a short voyage around to find flora and fauna is also possible.
- Stop at Roque de Los Muchachos Observatory at 2,396 meters including GranTeCan, the world’s largest optical telescope, and have a glimpse at the sky.
Best Visiting Time: May to September
Cost: Either get a free pitch in the camping site or rooms starting from INR 6000*
10. Monfrague National Park
Located in the Extremadura areas, Monfrague gives you that opportunity to visit one of the best national parks in Spain and it’s a must visit for the animal lovers.
The beautiful park is home to more than 200 species of fauna, in addition, housing more than 400 bird species and is popular for witnessing the amazing birds, not only in the list of national parks in Spain but in all of Europe.
Nightingales, kingfishers, vultures, and eagles can be seen by two rivers, the Tagus and Tietar. It owes a typical Iberian Landscape and is generally attractive for the travelers. The park accounts for one of the best national parks in Spain.
Adventurous things to do in Monfrague
- The exploration by following color-coded routes from Villarreal de San Carlos, only village of the park.
- Also, enjoy witnessing bird-chirping.
- Observe the undisturbed nature.
Best Visiting Time: Throughout the year
Cost: Rooms at INR 4500*