Kathmandu, capital of culture and adventurous Nepal is an exciting place to visit for your vacation. Kathmandu has immense natural beauty, cultural heritage and diversity of food. A place with several scenic beauties for natural lovers and adventurous activities for the brave hearts.
The typical architecture and attractive culture are also why people come to visit Kathmandu. Nepal is also famous for yaks and yetis which are seen here. The hidden monasteries give spiritual calmness and healing. Kathmandu has a soothing environment with tranquillity and serenity in the environment.
The location of this majestic place is also what attracts many tourists to come and experience over here. Located in the extremely fascinating and alluring Himalayas and among the dense jungles, Nepal is a beauty you must explore.
Foreigners are welcomed here as the gates for them have been now opened. This is also a major source that contributes to Nepal’s economy, Tourism. The surreal place has many activities that you can try, experience and preserve as a memory.
The passionate trekkers and hikers come here to explore the mountains and reach the heights through the rugged paths.
Let us go through some places which you must see in Kathmandu, Nepal.
1. Everest Base Camp Trek, Nepal
The magnificent Himalayas challenges the trekkers for the daunting summit of the Everest Base Camp. Nepal is known for its gorgeous peaks and hills and this spot makes it justified. The Everest base camp is a spot that is the must-visit tourist spot in Nepal.
At a height of 29, 035 ft, the camp is a perfect spot to gaze at all the natural beauty the place is surrounded with. The place is very friendly and known among the trekkers and so if you visit you won’t feel lonely here.
- The trek is filled with the natural beauty around you. You will encounter greenery, quaint villages and misty glaciers flowing down.
- You will walk through the place where some of the legends Like Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary kept their feet. It will be an exciting experience for you.
- On your way up you can visit the ancient gems like Thami and Tengboche monasteries.
Altitude: 18,513 ft
Difficulty Level: Difficult
Nearest Airport: Kathmandu, Nepal
Best Time To Travel: The peak has on and off-peak sessions. April- November would be a suitable time to visit this place. After this season the place gets very cold.
2. Visit Swayambhunath Stupa
Kathmandu is a place loaded with ancient and natural beauty. The Swayambhunath Stupa is located on the hill of Kathmandu and is one of the most visited tourist spots. The ancient marvel is surrounded by a variety of trees inside the campus. The place has well-maintained stupa, museums, shrines and a library for people interested in knowing more about this place.
Giving an extraordinary sight to the visitors, the stupa has eyes and eyebrows of Buddha. The nose is painted with local number one script engaging a lot many tourists for its amazing site.
- It is one of the most unique spots in Kathmandu
- The stupa is opened for 24 hours all throughout the year.
- The price is 200 INR for foreigners.
If you want to see the panoramic beauty of Kathmandu, then do visit this one of the most favourite places in Kathmandu. Nagarkot is popularly known for its stunning beauty and various hotels located in the vicinity.
The view is breathtaking over here, the sunrise from the Mount Everest is divinely gorgeous. The place has a very strategic location and served it as the ancient fort for Kathmandu Valley.
- Popular hill station to spend your vacation
- 8 out of the 13 Himalayan ranges can be seen from this point
- The height of this place is used as ab advantage to monitor other locations.
4. Indra Chowk
Visiting such a beautiful place and not shopping can make your trip incomplete. Makhan Tole busy street which is so engaging and attracts tourists here to shop for your loved ones. the street is named after an Indian Vedic deity Indra and the market displays many cultural masterpieces.
You can find clothes, stones, blankets and Indra idols to shop. Also, there are two temples located near Indra Chowk Stone Shiva Temple and Akash Bhairaab Temple which you can visit during your market stroll.
- The Sky Temple is also one major reason for visiting this incredibly beautiful place.
- Non-Hindus are not allowed to enter the Sky Temple.
- You can also buy bangles and beads from here which are beautiful and come at a good price.
- If you want to try some local food then also you can come here and enjoy the food.
5. Bungee Jumping
A fun-filled and thrilling spot to try the adventure of bungee jumping is located at Bhote Kosi River. You can jump from 160m deep into the river and enjoy the adrenaline rush. This is the first bungee jumping centre located in Nepal and is on the Nepal- Tibet border.
The site is 3 hours away from Kathmandu and you can visit many other bungee jumping sites from here. You can also come here to enjoy trekking. You can be facilitated with round trip transportation and meral facilities. Ensure your safety before committing yourself to try this thrilling adventure.
- It will cost you approx Rs 5,700
- It is an easy thing for adventure lovers
- You can try and experience bungee jumping here throughout the year
6. Visit Monasteries
Nepal is known for its peaceful monasteries, a beautiful and peaceful environment. Nepal has a rich Buddhist culture and this is the major reason you can spot famous temples and monasteries here. Come here for a different spiritual experience Kopan and Boudhanath are two major monasteries here.
The monasteries are very ancient that define the old architecture and culture. They are one of the most precious possessions of Nepal.
- The Boudhanath Monastery is listed as the World Heritage Site by UNESCO
- The Swayambhunath Monastery is among the oldest monastery in Nepal.
- Lumbini is another monastery located near Kathmandu which is the birthplace of Buddha and is important from the religious aspect.
7. The Garden Of Dreams
The stunning place has a well-decorated Swapna Bagicha also known as The Garden of Dreams. It is a popular tourist spot in Kathmandu which gives a rejuvenating experience to its visitors. The garden was built in 1920 but has been maintained and brought back to life with the financial help of the Austrian team.
- The beautiful marble fountains from Omar Khayyam’s Rubaiyat add a splendid beauty to this place.
- The bagicha has hidden gardens and pavilions.
- This an ideal place to witness human and natural creation in one place.
- You can plan a picnic day out at this place.
Timings: The place is opened from 9 AM to 9 PM.
Entree Fee: It differs for children and adults. It is approximately 120 INR.